Old Spice Introduces Hydro Wash Body Wash to Its Hardest Working Collection, Showering Guys with Ultra Superior Hydration, Cleansing Power and a Legendary New Scent
New “Don’t Smell Yourself Short” Integrated Campaign Reveals New Product and Scent Innovation and Brings Back The Legendary Man for an Encore Performance
Public Company Information:
CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Old Spice, the manliest grooming brand on the planet, announces new Hydro Wash body wash, the brand’s latest legendary product innovation and newest addition to its Hardest Working Collection. Offering superior hydration with over 20% hydro-moisturizing complex, new Hydro Wash features a thicker and richer lather that delivers unparalleled performance for guys that demand more from their grooming products. Old Spice also introduces the manly new scent, Steel Courage, across the Hardest Working Collection.
“We’re proud to support guys on their journey to legendary freshness with the launch of new Old Spice Hydro Wash body wash,” said Janine Miletic, Old Spice Brand Director at Procter & Gamble. “This new shower innovation combines ultra-superior hydration with our long-lasting, masculine Old Spice scents. Guys, you’re smellcome.”
To celebrate the introduction of Hydro Wash, Old Spice brings back the Legendary Man, Axel Kiener, in a new integrated campaign entitled “Don’t Smell Yourself Short,” which encourages guys on their quest to legendary achievements.
The new campaign was launched via Old Spice’s YouTube channel on February 1 and made its television debut during Super Bowl LI’s pre-game programming. The full creative campaign will begin airing on national TV on February 13. Developed by Wieden+ Kennedy (Portland), the series of over-the-top ads depict a global renaissance man who has more than his fair share of good looks and amazing stories of personal adventure:
- “Endless Quest” (:15) – Even if your journey takes you to the remotest and driest of deserts, thanks to Old Spice Hydro Wash, your skin will never go thirsty. You, however, will probably be thirsty and quite possibly in need of a sandwich.
- “Jungle Hero” (:60) – Some journeys define a man. But with Old Spice Odor Blocker, a man defines the journey.
- “Answers” (:30) – Even if a journey is just 30 seconds, it’s still #smellegendary.
- “Gorilla” (:15) – With Old Spice Steel Courage, sweat is far behind you. But how does a man know when he’s gone too far? Only time (and the fact that he is being carried like an old rolled-up carpet) will tell.
- “Middle Name” (:15) – Even under the toughest of interrogations, the answer remains the same: New Old Spice Steel Courage is the greatest smelling shampoo on the planet.
In addition to the ads, Old Spice, “The Greatest Smell in the NFL,” introduced its next chapter of internationally-famed product infomercials guest-starring Super Bowl 50 MVP and Old Spice guy Von Miller.
- “Hydro Wash Infomercial” (:45) – Van Mueller, ably portrayed by NFL star and aspiring infomercial host Von Miller, joins America’s favorite TV pitchman Bob Giovanni to share the super-charged hydration and lasting scent of new Hydro Wash body wash in the first-ever commercial actually shot live in Death Valley.* (* may not have actually been shot live in Death Valley).
New Hydro Wash Features “Dual Stream” Formulation
New Hydro Wash features Old Spice’s proprietary “dual stream” formula, keeping moisturizers and cleansers separate so that the moisturizers don’t wash away with the lather before hydrating the skin. Hydro Wash’s thicker and richer lather means less product down the drain, resulting in a better overall shower experience that leaves skin feeling hydrated and clean.
Hardest Working Collection Launches Manly New Scent
In addition to the popular Pure Sport Plus and Live Wire scents, the Hardest Working Collection welcomes a new, long-lasting masculine scent – Steel Courage– to its line-up of body washes and most powerful anti-perspirants, Odor Blocker and Sweat Defense.
- NEW Steel Courage – Old Spice’s daring new scent combines the energizing top notes of pineapple and warm rum with a mid-note of intoxicating clove, crisp pepper and sage. Hints of sandalwood and warm amber add a balanced finish. Steel Courage is also available in Old Spice 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner.
Amped-Up Sweat Protection
The Hardest Working Collection also delivers on legendary performance with Sweat Defense and Odor Blocker anti-perspirants, Old Spice’s two most powerful forms.
- Sweat Defense Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant – Sweat Defense soft solid anti-perspirant/deodorant is Old Spice’s ‘gold standard’ delivering “stronger and longer sweat protection” for all-day dryness. Old Spice Sweat Defense delivers a 66 percent sweat reduction and is turbocharged with Old Spice’s proprietary BCD technology to trap and lock away bad odors as they occur while releasing fresh, manly scent in its place.
- Odor Blocker Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant – Odor Blocker is Old Spice’s most powerful invisible solid anti-perspirant/ deodorant, delivering legendary performance through stronger and longer sweat protection than its other collections and a 50 percent increase in BCD odor fighting technology that only Old Spice can claim.
The Old Spice Hardest Working Collection, including new Hydro Wash body wash (MSRP: $4.99; Pricing at the sole discretion of the retailer), is available nationwide at drugstores, food stores and mass merchandisers.
For more information on new Hydro Wash, the Hardest Working Collection and full Old Spice grooming line-up, visit OldSpice.com. For more on legendary manliness, visit Twitter (@OldSpice), Facebook (Facebook.com/OldSpice), YouTube (YouTube.com/OldSpice), Instagram (oldspice) and Tumblr (oldspice). Join the legendary conversation by following #smellegendary.
About Old Spice
Procter & Gamble’s Old Spice is the quintessential men’s grooming brand. With nearly 80 years as an American icon, Old Spice is the authority on the male grooming experience and has leveraged this heritage to become the No.1 selling anti-perspirant/deodorant stick and body wash brand with guys of all ages. Old Spice brings authenticity, performance and confidence to male grooming and offers a wide product portfolio for today’s man, including anti-perspirants, deodorants, bar soap, body washes, body sprays, after shaves and colognes.